- Proverbs they say “is the palm oil” with which kola-nuts “words” are eaten. In Africa Kola nuts are a for entertainment and it is presented to be eaten with palm oil.
- Blood is in the mouth, yet we spit out spittle. meaning there is an iota of the bad or evil language in everyone but yet we speak polite words mostly.
- A man does not live by the river side, yet wash his face with spittle. Meaning-Aman can not be close to plenty yet be in lack or want.
- A baby on the mum’s back crossing a stream cannot step on a fish. meaning A dependant can not be in charge.
- For you to grow big teeth, you must have a big lip to cover it. Meaning – Independence comes with responsibilities.
- The Okra sprout is never too tall, that its owner can not cut it. meaning A child is not too old/tall for discipline from the parents.
- The goat has no teeth but when you push it to the wall, it will bite you. meaning Do not under-rate a patient person because when pushed beyond limit can react.