Its thanksgiving long weekend and I think I might add this as one of my dish for this years celebration. Its a simple dish, but worth adding so why not? Please try this dish too and you will surely enjoy it.
- Cooked plain white rice
- Cooked beans (black-eyed or brown beans)
- Palm Oil
- Onions -shredded
- Dried/smoked fish– cut into small pieces
- Curry powder
- Seasoning cube
- Pepper (optional) and salt to taste
- Smoked turkey/chicken/beef (Can be gotten in most stores or in Asian marts)
- Boil smoked fish/beef/turkey/chicken with very little quantity of water if very dried, a little of the onion, curry powder and seasoning cube. Allow to soften and almost drying up.
- Put a pot on heat and add the palm oil. Once it is hot, add the onions to fry.
- Add the crayfish, pepper and remaining seasoning cube. Fry until the foam appear, it does not take more than a minute for this to happen.
- Parboil the rice before now.
- Also boil the black eyed beans to desired tenderness.
- Pour in the stock fish with the stock and allow to boil before stirring in the rice and beans. Remember the rice and beans are already cooked and does not need much liquid, but just enough to simmer them together.
- Combine all, adjust for taste and allow to simmer together till the water dries up.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Enjoy and have a lovely eating time.
Give us feed backs on our Foodie Africana or send us questions